Complete Eyecare for Eye Patients in Arizona
It can be difficult to find an Arizona Eye Doctor you are comfortable trusting such an important part of your life too. At Gilbert Family Eye Center we work hard to make our patients comfortable during the complete course of their eyecare needs.
- Your visit begins with our staff obtaining a complete medical, ocular, and family history which also includes questions regarding occupational activities and recreational interests, which help us determine your specific needs. The next step is to perform an initial evaluation of your eyes, using several brief screening tests. This includes: A computerized estimate of your eyes’ prescription, the curvature of your eye (an important measurement for contact lens use), a peripheral vision analysis and an intra-ocular pressure test which tests for glaucoma.
- After your initial evaluation, you will meet with Dr. Wood who will use his extensive experience to test your eyes for refractive conditions, eye diseases/infections, and many other issues. Dr. Wood will begin by briefly discussing your history and asking questions regarding your ocular health. A typical exam will then continue with a visual acuity measurement with and without your glasses, testing of ocular muscles and pupil response to light, and a thorough refraction test to determine your exact prescription.
- Next, Dr. Wood will screen your eyes for various conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration.
- Finally, Dr. Wood will determine the best treatment options—glasses, contact lenses (or both), laser surgery, etc. based on your exam results, occupational environment, lifestyle/ hobbies, and fashion preferences.
- Remember to bring any existing pairs of glasses— distance, reading, etc.—and, if applicable, your most recent contact lens prescription to your appointment.